httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "PerformanceScalingUp" by jmcg
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:27:01 GMT

----- "Apache Wiki" <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:

> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpd Wiki"
> for change notification.
>
> The "PerformanceScalingUp" page has been changed by jmcg.
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PerformanceScalingUp?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

Hi folks,

I've started wikifying Sander's Presentation, as it is linked in the
Wiki page. To take it as base for new, suck-freer performance documentation.

Some simple things need to be done, everybody can help!

First off, I think it's missing proper attribution, I'm not sure if I've
copied that over.

Next, we need to weed out everything that references 1.3, nobody cares.
And of course, everything else that is out-dated, one example is
sendfile(2) - that's been deprecated. Other things seem obviously wrong,
like

"""Solaris does not seem to have a similar mechanism for manipulating limit values at boot
time: you will have to set them in your startup script(s)."""
-> http://docs.sun.com/source/817-5051/pt_tuningos.html / http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5174/system-4?l=en&a=view

etc.. so those should be fixed as well.

kthxby,

Igor Galić