httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to docs
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:50:03 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Luke Meyer <lmeyer@vmware.com> wrote:
> In a hopefully somewhat more constructive criticism... How does one contribute to docs?
>
> That is, I'm sure most of YOU know, but for someone who just wants to fix a typo, add
a translation, or maybe tackle that STATUS file, and isn't already a developer... how do they
find out where to start?

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/ has a "How to get involved" section which suggests
submitting a bug and/or joining this list. How about displaying a prominent link to the repo
and a quick example of how to check it out and create an acceptable patch?

I think a link to this doc used to appear there:

http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html

But it went offline at some point, and there was some question about
whether it could be pulled into the ASF owned docs.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com