httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: FAQ
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:25:48 GMT
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 18:01:25 +0200
Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

> On 01.10.2010 17:18, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > * Is it even worthwhile to have a FAQ? I think it probably is, but what
> > I mean is, is it useful to have this as a monolithic static document, or
> > should we be doing something else here?
>
> I think it is worthwhile. We do now have Wikis available, which are an
> interesting alternative for producing FAQ type content. Maybe once can
> include an export of the wiki when doing a release and add links to
> increase chances of users contributing to the Wiki?

I see you got there first.

On reading DrBacchus's post, my immediate reaction was to say
bin the FAQ and point to the wiki instead.  That improves the chances
of it being maintained, rather than getting ever more out-of-date
until someone finally gets around to it.

Insofar as there's material in the FAQ that's worth keeping alive,
maybe export it to the wiki.

--
Nick Kew