httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Advise for a docs-project kick-off
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:37:56 GMT

Hi folks,

Recently I've been looking at how to improve
Apache Traffic Server's Documentation:
http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs.html

Initially it has been written using
http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/
with ``help'' from
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/builder/

When looking at the source, the first thing one notices is
that it's HTML (with SSI) only.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver/site/trunk/

>From this fact arises the wish for change: To make the
documentation more accessible to extension and enable easy
transformation to different formats, such as HTML, LaTeX, etc..

I have considered httpd's docs-project as base, but I'm not
sure how easily adaptable that is. From what I gather, most of
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/style/
would need to be rewritten.
My barrier here might be the lack of insight in XSLT.

I'd be glad to hear about your experiences with this or
any other comparably sane documentation system.

So long,
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org