httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Misleading faq: 2048 bit server certificate
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:41:09 GMT

----- "Igor Galić" <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:

> ----- "Rich Bowen" <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm reasonably sure that "netscape navigator" appearing in any doc
> is
> >
> > an indication that the doc hasn't been touched for 5 or more years,
>
> > and is ready for a complete overhaul.
> >
> > On Sep 20, 2010, at 6:57 AM, Bhuvaneswaran A wrote:

> > > some versions of Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet
> > Explorer,
>
> I remember having done some sweeping of the old SSL FAQs in trunk,
> so that doesn't look half as bad:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ssl/ssl_faq.html
>
> Though some things like:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ssl/ssl_faq.html#contact
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/ssl/ssl_faq.html#resources
> pointing to modssl.org
>
> I'll get my hands dirty on trying to have those and others fixed.
>
> Key generation is still suggested to be done with 1024 bit keys,
> this should be overhauled to use 2048, etc...

see r999259 for details.

Again, a first attempt at this.

The debugging information should be linked to the general debugging section.
The how to contact information should be linked to general contact site (if any).

Does anyone know if the sharedcipher FAQ is still true?

Also, what are *really* SSL FAQs on users@?
Hardly any of those things (other than the vhosts stuff) is asked in #httpd.