httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Trivial Update of "RewriteMap" by newacct
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:58:14 GMT
Quite apart from the fact that it's a really stupid example - this is
what mod_vhost_alias is for - the change takes a legible example and
makes it completely illegible. If you want to provide an obfuscated
version, fine, but leave the one that is at least marginally legible.

Or, if you really want to go the Perl Golf way,

print join '/', reverse split /\./,"/\n" while chomp <STDIN>;

Ha!

I've never been a big fan of making beginner documentation as
obfuscated as possible. It sort of defeats the purpose. This is Apache
HTTPD documentation, not Perl Wizardry.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com