httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jorge Schrauwen <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IRC
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:15:47 GMT
2010/6/5 Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org>

> Hey folks,
>
> I just realized that I created this one in good faith:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/IRC
>
> said my two words on IRC about it, and left it there -
> mostly because my (lack of) free time didn't allow me to fill in
> the blanks.
>
> I'd like to get some points across on my intentions.
>
> First off: I'm not sending this to users@ because a great mass
> of users@ doesn't participate on IRC.
>
> Second: A number people (users) on IRC have given me to understand
> that our appearance is not consistent.

I have to agree with our users on this, depending on who's available and the
question being asked the responses can vary widely from friend pointers to
documentation to complete ready made solutions.
e.g. rewrite questions,
They'll get answers raging from read this and learn regex to nudges in the
correct directions (examples in docs, wiki) to a correct and working
rewriterule.

I also think this is part of what to expect on IRC, sometimes the people
around have more knowledge on the subject or more free time. Then again
maybe not answering at all in some cases would be better (as of the
##windows link)

Most of those of us who have @op in #httpd, do so because of their
> hard-skill and because of their long-time presence -- not exactly
> because of their soft-skills (I'm no exception ;)

> I would like to put down some, very basic rules, for all of us
> to play by -- nicely. I've taken in that wiki-page ##windows
> in special, and, of course, FreeNode in general as an example.
> But I would like /us/ to put /our/ rules together by which we want
> to play (and be played ;).

I really like this idea, I've scan-read through the pages linked on the
wiki. I agree with quite a few things mentions not everything. I think the
hardest part is getting a few good rules that will make things better and
keep it simple.