httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jorge Schrauwen <>
Subject Proposal: Default configuration directory
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:21:59 GMT
Note: This proposal is for trunk, not 2.3/2.4 or earlier.

I propose provide a recommendation for providing examples.

conf/examples/{protocol}/mod/{module_name}.con and

Additional modules could also drop examples in the correct directory.

Maybe we could also replace the default httpd.conf with one telling the user
to pick one from conf/examples/http and adjust it to there needs.
Ofcourse some good default configurations need to be provided in that

Example of a default configuration that will tell users to configure httpd:
Listen 80

User apache
Group apache

LoadModule dir_module         modules/
LoadModule authz_host_module  modules/

<Directory />
        Deny from all
        Options None
        AllowOverride None

configure your server.</body></html>"

The above provide a secure default that will only display a message.

Kind Regards

Jorge Schrauwen

View raw message