httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: The FAQ
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 23:12:18 GMT

On May 2, 2010, at 6:03 PM, Dan Poirier wrote:

> The FAQ link at the upper left of httpd.apache.org goes to
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/faq/, which seems reasonably up-to-
> date
> if a bit scant.  That page does have a link to the 1.3 FAQ with a
> clear
> warning that it's quite out-of-date.  If there are other links to the
> old FAQ, why not just point them to the more recent one?

Because we don't control those links. They are all over the web,
controlled by tens of thousands of other people. They link to the 1.3
FAQ, and get bad information, and then write their own third-party
FAQs and perceive that we have crappy docs. This is a situation I'd
like to proactively address by making the 1.3 docs very clearly state,
everywhere, that they are NOT the approved docs, and link to, or
redirect to, the ones that are.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com