httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: javascript in docs?
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 12:50:19 GMT

On May 14, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 11 May 2010 01:56, Sander Temme <sander@temme.net> wrote:
>> Because 1.3 docs are straight-up HTML and are not transformed?
>
> Given that:
>
> * 1.3 is obsolete and won't need any new docs
> * Its docs are straight-up html
> * It would be desirable to avoid a server-side redirect (for
> mirroring)
>
> .. would it then make sense to write a script to add the html link on
> a one-off basis to each page?
>
> Given a mapping table it would be fairly trivial to do this in ruby
> using e.g. Nokogiri.

Yeah, I suppose static is preferable to dynamic. Very good points.

Step 1: Assume that every /foo.html in the 1.3 docs has a
corresponding /foo.html in the 2.2 docs (ie, what I've already done)
Step 2: Correct that assumption on a case-by-case basis. This also
lets us do things like "mod_proxy has been replaced by a suite of
modules that provide proxying for various protocols, and also provide
load-balancing functionality." on a case-by-case basis.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com