httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: javascript in docs?
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 17:43:39 GMT

On May 14, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Igor Galić wrote:

>> Having /docs/ redirect to /docs/1.3/ no longer makes sense. /docs/
>> 1.3/
>> should be a permanent redirect to /docs/current/ which should be a
>> 302
>> to /docs/2.2 (or whatever is current at the time).
>
> This doesn't make sense. /docs/1.3/ should stay where it is.
> I suppose you mean /docs/ -> /docs/current/

Yes, I'm sorry. Let me try again.

/docs/ -> /docs/current
/docs/current -> /docs/2.2
/docs/1.3 remains /docs/1.3

Before we do this we need a friendly 404 page that tells them that 1.3
is no more, and possibly contains links to the 1.3 docs for the URL
they requested, as well as links to the other docs.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com