httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent de Lau" <vinc...@delau.nl>
Subject RE: javascript in docs?
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 00:29:39 GMT

The links to the new docs will give you a 404 in this instance.

Maybe something like this could solve the problem. (Code is not tested!)

<script language='Javascript' type='text/javascript'>
    var oldversion = "1.3";
    var newversion = "2.2";
    var redirect = {
        'mod/mod_auth': 'howto/auth'
    };
    var path = location.pathname;
    // strip the path before the version to get the doc base path
    var base = path.slice(path.indexOf(oldversion));
    // strip the path after the version to get the filename (+ 2 slashes)
    var file = path.slice(path.indexOf(oldversion) + 2 + oldversion.length);
    // strip of all extentions (.en.html)
    var ext = file.slice(file.indexOf('.'));
    file = file.slice(0, file.indexOf('.'));

    // lookup file and redirect or just replace the version number
    if(redirect[file]) {
        //FIXME: is the extention still valid?
        path = base + newversion + '/' + redirect[file] + ext;
    } else {
        path = base + newversion + '/' + file + ext;
    }
    document.getElementById("docLink").href=(path);
</script>

The redirect object/hash stores overrides for files in the old docs to the
new docs. As the FIXME denotes, I'm not sure if it is safe to reuse the
extention from the old docs for the new docs. If it ain't, it is possible to
remove this code and provide more specific filename including extention.

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl