httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Reminder from retreat
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:59:35 GMT

----- "Igor Galić" <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm putting my entire conversation with Bill here on the list,
> although right now the only thing relevant to us is the point
>
> ----- "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> > On 4/18/2010 6:43 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Bill - hope this one finally arrives!
> > >
> > > Here's a reminder of the things we talked about at the retreat:
> > >
> > > * How to merge ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse, such that the
> latter
> > > only remains for edge cases.
> >
> > Yup, it's #4 on my list!
> >
> > > * move mod_allowmethods from infra into httpd's sandbox
> >
> > You mean introduce a new mod_authz_method module which takes the
> > typical
> > 'Allow method GET PUT POST' or a similar syntax, using allow/deny
> :)
> >
> > > * How to include mod_fcgid into a release?
> >
> > Not going to be significantly debated until 2.3.x is into beta,
> bring
> > this
> > up again then please?
> >
> > > ** Derived from that: How do we make it easy for modules to be
> > dropped
> > > in *with* documentation?
> >
> > As an add in, that's #3 in my list, along with other apxs
> improvements
> > :)

One of the things we discussed in this context but which I didn't put on
the list is how to speed up the process of documenting so far rather
under-documented modules (like mod_lua).
IIRC, Bill has a method of extracting a module's (or an httpd's) directives.
If that could be used to fill:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/mod_template.txt
That would be a good first step.

Btw, that template itself appears to be in need of updating, but I
don't have commit access, so I'm attaching the patch.

Bye,
--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 699 122 96 338