httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Error messages
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:40:33 GMT
> If that won't fly, how about instead of URLs, adding message numbers?
>
> E.g.
>
> HTTP0023: NameVirtualHost %s:%u has no VirtualHosts...
>
> and add a section to the doc with the explanatory web pages for
> each message.

My initial response is ick, but it would make for higher Google-
ability. I'll have to ponder on that one for a bit.

>> 3) I suppose a third alternative is to log an additional message, if
>> we're in LogLevel Debug, that has the detailed information. Hmm. That
>> might be worth pursuing all by itself, even if the other two
>> alternatives don't pan out.
>
> Can you give an example of that?

Not sure. Was just an idea - we have a call to ap_log_error with a
loglevel of error, but then a secondary one with a loglevel of debug
so that if you're in debug you see the full verbose error message
compete with proposed solution.

I haven't actually attempted to do this yet.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com