Hi,

I am a student of Computer Science UFBA - Brazil, and share the documentation list for a long time because I am developing a project that involves the Apache HTTP Server Documentation.

I don't know if the discussion of these changes in nomenclature of the server is open to everyone or just to you who work directly with the documentation, but I make a suggestion.

It can be defined at the beginning of documentation, in a
relevant local, that "Apache HTTP Server" refers to the server as a whole, including all its processes (httpd, apachectl, etc.) and "httpd" refers to the process explicitly, or could be used only "httpd" for two, with a different markup to distinguish when referring to the server and when it refers to the process.

I think that use only the term "Apache 2" would lead to the belief that "Apache 1" or simply "Apache" refers to the first version of the server.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, so excuse any inconvenience.

Regards,

Adiel Cristo
"The measure of my steps is the will of my Father..."
Web Developer / Web Designer / Information Architect
adiel@adielcristo.com