httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Suexec doc (Was Re: Fixing confusion of Apache vs httpd)
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:54:56 GMT
On 3/17/2010 4:43 PM, Andrew Ford wrote:
> In my opinion a better, clearer name would just be Apache Web Server.

That isn't the name of 2.0/2.2 but I will be happy to add this to STATUS
as a recommendation for the next iteration :)  The issue in the past is that
the Tomcat (and now Geronimo) folk can legitimately object to this statement.

What is the short name of the "Apache Web Server"?  "Server"?  That would be
a problem.  Certainly not "Web", and the reason for this entire exercise is
that the Apache folk decided to let hundreds of other pieces of software
call themselves "Apache", so that is out, too.