httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Adiel Cristo <ad...@adielcristo.com>
Subject Re: Suexec doc (Was Re: Fixing confusion of Apache vs httpd)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:35:41 GMT
Hi,

I am a student of Computer Science UFBA - Brazil, and share the
documentation list for a long time because I am developing a project
that involves the Apache HTTP Server Documentation.

I don't know if the discussion of these changes in nomenclature of the
server is open to everyone or just to you who work directly with the
documentation, but I make a suggestion.

It can be defined at the beginning of documentation, in a relevant
local, that "Apache HTTP Server" refers to the server as a whole,
including all its processes (httpd, apachectl, etc.) and "httpd" refers
to the process explicitly, or could be used only "httpd" for two, with a
different markup to distinguish when referring to the server and when it
refers to the process.

I think that use only the term "Apache 2" would lead to the belief that
"Apache 1" or simply "Apache" refers to the first version of the server.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion, so excuse any inconvenience.

Regards,

    *Adiel Cristo*
    /"The measure of my steps is the will of my Father..."/
    Web Developer / Web Designer / Information Architect
    adiel@adielcristo.com