httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suexec doc (Was Re: Fixing confusion of Apache vs httpd)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:29:30 GMT
>> We are unlikely to ever completely fix this in the public perception, but
>> the program is "httpd", the "Apache HTTP Server".  If you could all help
>> to identify "Apache" abuse throughout the documentation and web pages, and
>> transform those to "httpd" for shorthand, that would be a huge help.

I am still confused over when "Apache HTTP Server" and when "httpd".
Is the former just a baby step to the latter?

I wanted to do a mass sed of s/Apache 2/Apache HTTP Server 2/g, but if
"Apache HTTP Server" is only the marginally less confusing term I
didn't want the unnecessary churn.

("Apache 2" just happens to get a lot of hits and is a pretty safe expression)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com