httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: Suexec doc (Was Re: Fixing confusion of Apache vs httpd)
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:02:14 GMT

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:45 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 3/17/2010 6:37 AM, Rich Bowen wrote
>> referred to in full, but there doesn't seem to be much of a
>> consensus of
>> how this should be abbreviated, so that we don't have to say the full
>> name every time.
>> Example sentences:
>> In deciding what file to serve for a given request, httpd's
>>    default behavior is to take the URL-Path for the request (the part
>>    of the URL following the hostname and port) and add it to the end
>>    of the <directive module="core">DocumentRoot</directive> specified
>>    in your configuration files.
> I don't find this ambiguous.  Let's choose a worse one

Ok. Well, as long as we can refer to the product as "Apache HTTP
Server", I think that the other cases in which we desire an
abbreviated form are individually pretty easy. It just requires
someone to read all the docs and get the sense of the paragraph in
question. Not difficult, just tedious. I didn't think that the patch
would incur the wrath of Roy.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message