httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Performance tuning documentation
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 03:37:47 GMT

On Nov 12, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> The performance tuning documentation that we currently include in the docs is simply
awful. What with the comments about Apache 1.2 and the suggestions of how to deal with the
new Linux 2.0 kernel, I think it's beyond fixing. It needs to be tossed and rewritten - although
perhaps there are parts that are salvageable.

> I was wondering if someone has a performance doc that they could contribute as a starting
place? Perhaps Sander's talk from AC? Or if someone would be willing to give some attention
to the docs list for a while to assist in writing something that would be useful to actual
admins in the real world.

I am willing to contribute my performance talk material, since I don't really give that presentation
anymore.  I have very few cycles, but would be willing to help work on making it suitable
for inclusion in the httpd docs.

Over the years, I have tried to concentrate more on the tuning knobs available to the average
admin, rather than dig into the operating system or httpd code.

Another source may be Colm's talks, but he is still giving those.

S.