httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Clarification/Correction needed for HEADER directive explanation
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:09:26 GMT
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> writes:

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 10:31 , Dan Poirier wrote:
>
>> Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> writes:

>>> Wow. Interesting. I must bookmark that and poke around their docs
>>> more.
>>>
>>> Do you have any direct contact with the producers of these docs? To
>>> what degree are we able to borrow their content? Better yet, can we
>>> get them to actively participate in our process, rather than (or in
>>> addition to) forking our effort?
>>
>> I could probably track them down.  I'm not sure what the iSeries
>> team's
>> process is with the doc.
>

> Awesome. Looks like they have some great stuff in their docs, and we
> could probably benefit from trolling through them, but I expect that
> they have better insight as to what's different than we would.

I'm in contact with them.  Maybe they'll pop in here, as I've pointed
out this thread to them.

Note that the v5r2 docs are pretty out of date.  The latest are at

<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzaie/rzaiemod_headers.htm>

The current terms of use are here:
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzahg/documentdownloadpermission.htm>

I'm not a lawyer but my reading is that wouldn't give ASF rights to use
the documentation as we'd like, so if there are parts of the doc we'd
like to use, we'd need to negotiate that.

I agree that identifying where they've added the most to the original
docs would be useful.  The Scenarios section jumped out at me, although
when I dug a bit deeper it appears to be pretty dependent on the admin
tools they've added around the server.  I've asked where they think
they've put in the most effort there.

Dan