httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Clarification/Correction needed for HEADER directive explanation
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:50:05 GMT
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> writes:

> On Jan 19, 2010, at 08:09 , Dan Poirier wrote:
>
>> The current terms of use are here:
>> <http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzahg/documentdownloadpermission.htm
>> >

>> I'm not a lawyer but my reading is that wouldn't give ASF rights to
>> use
>> the documentation as we'd like, so if there are parts of the doc we'd
>> like to use, we'd need to negotiate that.
>
> Ah. Well, in that case, I'll probably avoid spending too much time
> even looking at them. I don't think we're particularly interested in
> negotiating terms. Either they're donated under the terms of the
> Apache License, or we're not interested. I don't mean to be difficult,
> but I also don't have the time or passion to undertake any kind of
> license negotiation for docs. I'd rather spend that passion writing.

Sorry, poor wording on my part.  I just meant we couldn't use them under
the current license, so we'd have to get them donated under the Apache
license if we wanted to use them.

On what parts of the documentation they did the most work on, that work
was done some time ago by other people, so the current team doesn't have
that information handy.

Dan