httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joseph Pecoraro <joepec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your mod_rewrite tutorial
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:06:13 GMT
>>> I was also very fond of http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewriterule.png
and http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewritecond.png andhttp://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/url_full.png
and would like to use those too, with your permission.

>> I would absolutely be willing to donate the images! I also have all of the original
files (OmniGraffle on Mac OS X), so if you think they should be updated, or any wording changed,
I'd be happy to update them.

> I have a requested change to the file syntax_rewritecond.png

This was actually syntax_rewriterule.png.

the requested URI, which is the part after "http://hostname"

> Or words to that effect. Yes, it's nit-picky, but the regex is matched against the URI,
not the full URL.

Sure. Here is what the change produces:
http://grab.by/1tZn

When a particular format is chosen (another email thread) I will
put the updated files in a public location where you can
download them.

In my article, I made up the terminology "URL Part" to simplify
things for readers. I expected that the technical documentation
to be more precise.  Good suggestion.

- Joe