httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Vincent Bray <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documents translation contribute
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:48:36 GMT
2010/1/4 Marco PODDA <mpodda@hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Italian and I'd like to contribute to the Apache HTTP server documents
> transaltion in Italian language.
> From where I have to start?

Hello Marco,

Welcome to the list. There are some instructions [1] but they're
somewhat out of date:

Basically, it's a pretty simple process. Check out the httpd source
tree from svn [2] and also grab the documentation build toolchain
which is hosted at another path [3]. In order for a docs patch to be
committed it must be reviewed by another native speaker. If you don't
know of anyone to fulfill that role, send a note to this list and see
if anyone can help.

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/dev/devnotes.html
[3] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html

To the other translators on the list.. Could someone please have a go
at updating [1] and [3] above? There are still references to CVS and
this statement is completely wrong:

>> We also encourage you to place the name of the translator in a comment at the top
of the file, along with the CVS revision number of the English-language document that you
are translating. This should make it easier to determine when files need updating.

I'd do it myself, but I'm not familiar with the translation process. Thanks.

--
noodl