httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Your mod_rewrite tutorial
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:38:40 GMT

On Dec 18, 2009, at 11:26 , Joseph Pecoraro wrote:

>> I was also very fond of http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewriterule.png

>>  and http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewritecond.png
>>  andhttp://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/url_full.png
>> and would like to use those too, with your permission.
>
> I would absolutely be willing to donate the images! I also have all
> of the original files (OmniGraffle on Mac OS X), so if you think
> they should be updated, or any wording changed, I'd be happy to
> update them.

I have a requested change to the file syntax_rewritecond.png

It contains the phrase: Regular Expression checked against the "URL
Part" which is similar to REMOTE_URI

I was wondering if you could change that phrase to: Regular Expression
checked against the requested URI, which is the part after "http://hostname
"

Or words to that effect. Yes, it's nit-picky, but the regex is matched
against the URI, not the full URL.

Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen