httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joseph Pecoraro <joepec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your mod_rewrite tutorial
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:39:38 GMT
Now that I've subscribed, I'll give an on list response:

> I particularly liked your diagrams, and was wondering if you would be willing to donate
them to the Apache Software Foundation for use in the mod_rewrite documentation. The docs,
as you know, have this diagram: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/images/mod_rewrite_fig1.gif

to replace it with this one: http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/flow_chart.png

> I was also very fond of http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewriterule.png
and http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/syntax_rewritecond.png and http://nettuts.s3.cdn.plus.org/435_htaccess/images/url_full.png
and would like to use those too, with your permission.

Absolutely. I am willing to donate the images. You may use it with whatever license you need.

I also have all of the original files (OmniGraffle on Mac OS X), so if you think they should
be updated, or any wording changed, I'd be happy to update them.

> Heck, while we're at it, would you consider subscribing to the documentation mailing
list (docs-subscribe@httpd.apache.org) and coming along to help us out with the mod_rewrite
docs rewrite? We could use your flair for step-by-step explanation and diagraming.

> Thanks, and I hope you'll be willing to come help us out.

I'm going to be quite busy on existing projects for the next few months, but I am interested
in helping out the Apache team. You guys do great work. I just subscribed. I may not be as
active as I would have liked, but we will see how things go.

Cheers,
Joseph Pecoraro