httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Your mod_rewrite tutorial
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:26:11 GMT

I just saw your new mod_rewrite tutorial -

  - and it was firmly in the category "much better than most." I left
you a few comments, but for the most part I thought you did a great
job of explaining things.

I'm on the Apache documentation team. Over the last six months or so,
we've been doing a major rewrite of the docs, because they are bloody
awful, and serve to scare away a lot of people who could otherwise be
helped by them. The "Voodoo" remarks don't help, do they? The new docs
are here:

I particularly liked your diagrams, and was wondering if you would be
willing to donate them to the Apache Software Foundation for use in
the mod_rewrite documentation. The docs, as you know, have this

It's confusing, to say the least, and I was wondering if we could have
your permission to replace it with this one:

I was also very fond of

and would like to use those too, with your permission.

Heck, while we're at it, would you consider subscribing to the
documentation mailing list ( and
coming along to help us out with the mod_rewrite docs rewrite? We
could use your flair for step-by-step explanation and diagraming.

Thanks, and I hope you'll be willing to come help us out.

Rich Bowen, for the Apache HTTPd Documentation project

Rich Bowen

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message