httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilterByType and and mod_deflate
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:57:13 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/27/2009 06:18 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/core.html#addoutputfilterbytype
> > states that AddOutputFilterByType is deprecated. The mod_deflate docs
> > recommend using it. What's the preferred syntax using mod_filters?
>
> I would say something like this:
>
> FilterDeclare COMPRESS
> FilterProvider COMPRESS DEFLATE resp=Content-Type $text/html
> FilterChain COMPRESS
> FilterProtocol COMPRESS change=yes;byteranges=no

Wow. That's significantly more complicated. I don't want to have to be the
one to explain that to someone on #apache.

Seriously, $text/html and not text/html? Is that a typo? Clearly I need to
read the mod_filter docs a lot more closely.

I really dislike changes that make the configuration multiple times more
difficult. :(