httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: clarify NVH, discourage NVH *
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:55:43 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> I've tried to clarify the relationship between NameVirtualHost and
> VirtualHost, while also discouraging leaving ports off of both of them
> because of how frequently this causes trouble for users who add SSL.
>
> Diff of html.en only: http://people.apache.org/~covener/vhost.diff
>
> Interested in comments, IMO it helps get rid of some of the
> ambiguity/confusion but still leaves the doc as pretty confusing.

Have you looked at the myriad og VH content on the wiki? A lot of this
comes direct from supporting users, and the very common mistakes made.

You yourself know, that the wiki often contains useful stuff.

Just an idea.

Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org  // pctony@freenode.net
http://blog.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66