httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: clarify NVH, discourage NVH *
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:11:24 GMT

On Feb 2, 2009, at 18:55, Tony Stevenson wrote:

> Eric Covener wrote:
>> I've tried to clarify the relationship between NameVirtualHost and
>> VirtualHost, while also discouraging leaving ports off of both of
>> them
>> because of how frequently this causes trouble for users who add SSL.
>> Diff of html.en only: http://people.apache.org/~covener/vhost.diff
>> Interested in comments, IMO it helps get rid of some of the
>> ambiguity/confusion but still leaves the doc as pretty confusing.
>
> Have you looked at the myriad og VH content on the wiki? A lot of
> this comes direct from supporting users, and the very common
> mistakes made.
>
> You yourself know, that the wiki often contains useful stuff.
>
> Just an idea.

Tony,

Not sure what you're suggesting - to link to the wiki, or to crib
stuff from there into the docs? I'm in favor of the latter, always. I
tend to think of the wiki as a scratchpad for the official docs,
although we use it as such less often than I'd like.

--
In America, through pressure of conformity, there is freedom of
choice, but nothing to choose from. (Peter Ustinov)