httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject mod_cern_meta, mod_imagemap
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:46:39 GMT
Any suggestions of how we can set up an 'extra' modules area for
very simple modules such as cern_meta and imagemap which are so
old and crusty, it isn't sensible to ever ship them in 2.4 or 3.0
flavors of httpd?

Started to think about this, and realized that mod_ftp and similar
elements of the httpd project are too "heavy" and approach for
single source files with single doc pages.

Yes; believe it or not (due to the mod_i[mage]map vulnerability)
I had uncloaked at least two customers still using this module,
so people still want it.  That doesn't mean these should remain
in the collection of recommended modules that come in the httpd
tarball, however :)