httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth_digest Status in Documentation
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:43:50 GMT

On Jul 26, 2008, at 23:45, David Ward wrote:

> In the documentation for mod_auth_digest, the "Status:" line for
> version 2.0 reads "Experimental", while the same line for version
> 2.2 reads "Extension".  So it appears that this module is no longer
> considered experimental.
>
> In the "Summary" block, though, the following statement has been
> left over from the documentation for previous versions:
> "... However, it has not been extensively tested and is therefore
> marked experimental."
>
> Since the module is not actually marked experimental anymore, can
> this statement be removed?

In my opinion, yes. And it *has* been extensively tested. That remark
reflects the now-no-longer-true state that few browsers used to
support Digest. They all do now, and lots of people use Digest in
production environments.

--
Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action,
where it often substitutes for both.