httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Image file translations
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 21:59:37 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Agreed, this would seem to be the simplest and cleanest solution.
> I'm not sure mucking about with language negotiation will offer us other
> than additional headaches.
> Then using ForceType will likely cause some browsers to make a right
> royal hash of it all.  IE8 for example, refuses to display
> instead offering to give me it's traditional red x.

Keep in mind, too, that rendering these from the file system, our inverted
file types are a real headache.   Ending in .png as suggested, or .html
or whatnot is far more rational, and the original convention was certainly
a flaw from the point of view of a browser reading our content locally.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message