httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "ApacheVirtualHostMysql" by sjorge
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 14:29:38 GMT
[Replying back to the docs list...]

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Jorge Schrauwen
<jorge.schrauwen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats fine,
>
> Any alternatives? Linking to them when they are on my server will pose the
> same problem that they are unreviewable.
> It's still a useful project to quickly manage the vhosts ^^, then again code
> quality is not so good on this (first java project).

I'd say no to directly linking an off-site binary to the wiki.

A possibility would be linking to an html page off-site that then
links to the binary (making the provenance clear). But remember that
we have a bias against linking to sites that we control. So I'd prefer
that you consider other ways of getting this stuff out there.
(Discussing it on the users list, for example, seems completely
appropriate.)

Joshua.