httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: To: Documentation Project Officer/Manager
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 13:32:27 GMT
Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
> Salı 06 May 2008 17:03 sularında, André Malo şunları yazmıştı:
>> You are not ignored. As far as I know every translation you submitted here
>> was committed so far. If something was ignored it was by accident and not
>> on purpose (people simply miss stuff, because they're not reading the list
>> each and every day). The solution is simple: Just resend it and nag about
>> it (but using a moderate tone is pretty helpful).
>> People will react as soon as they have some time to spare for it.
>>
> OK.
> This is not a high traffic list. It will take no time even if you read
> the entire communication within the last month (except for some recent
> messages irrelevant to the list). I try to keep my messages short.

You're right it is not a high volume traffic list. However we all still
have other things to do, I for one don't read all the lists I am
subscribed to every day.  I may wait a day or so, especially for the
higher volume lists.

> Being at it, please commit the attached files. These were missing in the
> packages committed by Tony Stevenson the last time.

As I asked you last time, can you please submit patch files NOT complete
xml files.  This way it allows all readers of the list to quickly and
easily see the differences in the files, even if these are new files.
People can then comment on the patch if the change warrants such a
discussion.

Now we have to manually diff the files, produce a patch, apply the
patch, and then commit it.

Not all patches are committed immediately.  We will often leave larger
changes on list for a day or two to see if anyone raises any objections
before committing them.

Please resend as an SVN patch, that can be easily used by other readers
of the list. Once I see this I will be happy to apply and commit your
changes.

I apologise for missing this last time around, however I was trying to
get you to submit patches, and I guess this got missed in the mix.

--Tony