httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew Ford <A.F...@ford-mason.co.uk>
Subject Flagging directives as repeatable in a particular context
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:57:31 GMT
When I wrote the first edition of Apache Pocket Reference (back in 2000)
I used a different set of flags to indicate the contexts in which a
directive is valid (GVSF instead of SVDH, but I'm changing that to be
consistent with the Apache docs).  However I also added another flag '*'
to indicate whether a directive could sensibly be used multiple times in
a context - basically whether the directive set a flag or variable (such
as DocumentRoot (SV)) or added a value to a table (such as Alias
(SV*)).  I am keeping this "feature" for the second edition as readers
have said that it was useful; I wondered whether it is something that
the Apache docs might want to adopt.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House