httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew Ford <>
Subject Flagging directives as repeatable in a particular context
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:57:31 GMT
When I wrote the first edition of Apache Pocket Reference (back in 2000)
I used a different set of flags to indicate the contexts in which a
directive is valid (GVSF instead of SVDH, but I'm changing that to be
consistent with the Apache docs).  However I also added another flag '*'
to indicate whether a directive could sensibly be used multiple times in
a context - basically whether the directive set a flag or variable (such
as DocumentRoot (SV)) or added a value to a table (such as Alias
(SV*)).  I am keeping this "feature" for the second edition as readers
have said that it was useful; I wondered whether it is something that
the Apache docs might want to adopt.

Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd      South Wing Compton House                  Compton Green, Redmarley  Tel: +44 1531 829900          Gloucester GL19 3JB       Fax: +44 1531 829901 Great Britain          Mobile: +44 7785 258278

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message