httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Andrew Ford <A.F...@ford-mason.co.uk>
Subject Misleading example for <IfDefine> in core directives
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 12:55:43 GMT
The description for <IfDefine> in docs/2.2/mod/core.html has the
following text:

    <IfDefine> sections are nest-able, which can be used to implement
    simple multiple-parameter tests. Example:

    |httpd -DReverseProxy ...|
    | |
    | # httpd.conf|
    | <IfDefine ReverseProxy>|
    | LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so|
    | LoadModule proxy_module modules/libproxy.so|
    | </IfDefine>

The text implies that the example demonstrates a simple multi-parameter
test, however it doesn't.

Sorry I haven't got a patch for this but it should be pretty simple to
work one up.

I am in the process of updating the Apache Pocket Reference for Apache
2.2 (pub date is August) and will probably come up with a number of such
nits as I go through all the documentation and source code.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House
pauntley-prints.co.uk     Compton Green, Redmarley  Tel: +44 1531 829900
ford-mason.co.uk          Gloucester GL19 3JB       Fax: +44 1531 829901
refcards.com cronolog.org Great Britain          Mobile: +44 7785 258278