httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Takashi Sato <taka...@lans-tv.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r653856 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:32:11 GMT
On Tue, 6 May 2008 21:19:53 +0200
André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Eric Covener wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> > > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM,  <takashi@apache.org> wrote:
> > >  >  +      <p>This directive will be ignored in a name-based virtual
> > >  > host context.</p> +    </note>
> >
> > Useful to somehow clarify that if the connection matches a set of
> > NameVirtualHost's, the KeepAliveTimeout from the first defined vhost
> > in that set of NameVirtualhost's is used?  I think it's still useful
> > to tweak in that context.
>
> I agree that it would be generally desirable (it's a reference documentation
> after all). But I think, it's pretty hard to explain if we want to avoid
> confusion. People often don't even get the whole name based VH concept -
> that's my experience at least.

Humm, I agree. Well, what should I do?
I tried to explain it, but it is hard for me.
Should I revert r653856 and remove FixedInTrunk from PR36770 ?
Or how about:
-This directive will be ignored in a name-based virtual host context.
+This directive may be ignored in a name-based virtual host context.