httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: To: Documentation Project Officer/Manager
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 16:38:08 GMT
* Tony Stevenson wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
> >>
> >> Actually, yes I will. How do I know they don't exist in repository
> >> until I go and manually check?
> >>
> >> As I said earlier this allows for a quick glance over the contents,
> >> and the changes (even if it is a new file), within the email.  I don't
> >> need to fire up any clients an check.  This will allow me to object to
> >> any changes that I may not agree with.
> >>
> >> We all submit patches to the list when it is a major change.  Even
> >> when we have commit access.  That is the way we operate.
> >
> > As I don't see much sense in supplying diffs for completely new files
> > either, I'd like to suggest a compromise here. Let's just mark new
> > files in the submission mails clearly as such and everything else as
> > patches. I think, this should suffice everyone's needs.
>
> Fair enough, I am just repeating what I was told 'back in the day'

I see it that way: The one who commits it, decides how it's most effective
for him. A consensus is fine, but in this situation - if people doing the
work accept the input as files, nobody will stop them ;-)

On the other hand, I don't believe that a consensus can (nor should) be
reached for the personal way of working. This should be left for stuff
which affects more people.

nd