httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: To: Documentation Project Officer/Manager
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 14:11:15 GMT
* Tony Stevenson wrote:

> > Please, you will not ask me create patches with svn diff for files
> > that do not exist in the repository.
> Actually, yes I will. How do I know they don't exist in repository until
> I go and manually check?
> As I said earlier this allows for a quick glance over the contents, and
> the changes (even if it is a new file), within the email.  I don't need
> to fire up any clients an check.  This will allow me to object to any
> changes that I may not agree with.
> We all submit patches to the list when it is a major change.  Even when
> we have commit access.  That is the way we operate.

As I don't see much sense in supplying diffs for completely new files
either, I'd like to suggest a compromise here. Let's just mark new files in
the submission mails clearly as such and everything else as patches. I
think, this should suffice everyone's needs.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message