httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r653856 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 19:19:53 GMT
* Eric Covener wrote:

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM,  <takashi@apache.org> wrote:
> >  >  +      <p>This directive will be ignored in a name-based virtual
> >  > host context.</p> +    </note>
>
> Useful to somehow clarify that if the connection matches a set of
> NameVirtualHost's, the KeepAliveTimeout from the first defined vhost
> in that set of NameVirtualhost's is used?  I think it's still useful
> to tweak in that context.

I agree that it would be generally desirable (it's a reference documentation
after all). But I think, it's pretty hard to explain if we want to avoid
confusion. People often don't even get the whole name based VH concept -
that's my experience at least.

Maybe we need some "expert knowledge" boxes or something.

nd
--
die (eval q-qq[Just Another Perl Hacker
]