httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: To: Documentation Project Officer/Manager
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 14:03:35 GMT
* Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:

> To: Documentation Project Officer/Manager

There is no such instance here. The whole docs work is (like the software
itself) a group effort of volunteers.

> The person whose name appears next to "Turkish" in the list of
> translation projects at your site (URL
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html )
> has done no actual work in this project. If he is listed there
> just because he translated some error messages or as such,
> we (the actual translators) will not hesitate to leave
> where we are ignored.
>
> Or if you decide to list the actual translators, please apply
> the patch I sent to the list on April 1st, 2008.
>
> Please clearly state your decision in this regard. Depending on
> that I will review my decision not send any further Turkish
> translations.

Oh my, calm down.

You are not ignored. As far as I know every translation you submitted here
was committed so far. If something was ignored it was by accident and not
on purpose (people simply miss stuff, because they're not reading the list
each and every day). The solution is simple: Just resend it and nag about
it (but using a moderate tone is pretty helpful).
People will react as soon as they have some time to spare for it.

I'm not grepping the list archives now. Please resend your translations.html
patch and I'll apply it.

nd