httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: New Turkish Documents - for trunk
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:39:23 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:

 > Ok, your patches contain:
 >
 > --- manual/bind.xml.tr    1970-01-01 02:00:00.000000000 +0200
 > +++ manual-working/bind.xml.tr    2008-04-03 14:45:20.000000000 +0300
 >
 > Which is changing the working path, that is not right.  :)
 >
 > The same goes for your 2.2.x patch too.

Also,

Attached you will find two patch files.  One you created [1], and one I
created [2].

If you look in the top 3-4 rows you will see an immediate difference.
You are missing the "index" line, and as stated earlier your pathes are
being munged and are not correct.

What are you doing to produce the patches?  Are you just using a
standard diff tool?  Try using the SVN client to produce the diff if you
are not already doing so.  This should help with the index line.
As for your munged path, are you editing in a different directory to the
  docs you checked out of SVN? I'm not entirely sure what it is you are
doing here.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier - Have you setup the docs build
environment yet?  If not I suggest you take a look at that too:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/docs-build/trunk/

I only say this because you can then see for yourself how the document
is transformed and you can check the output is correct before submitting
a patch.  It is also nice when patches come in with the relative
.html.tr patch also.  This way if there are any errors in the build
process hopefully you will pick them up (I'm thinking exclusively about
the content as opposed to the build process).

Once you have the process sorted it is a lot easier to get your patches
commited, I promise.  It took me an attempt or two iron it out.  :-)

Cheers,
Tony