httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: New Turkish Documents
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:08:18 GMT
Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:

> Today I sent to list a gzip package, and it was rejected because its size
> exceeded 100kB. So it seems I will not be able to send larger packages
> any way. At the same time, small packages do not get your proper
> interest. This is the list of items that did not get any action:
>
> 1. A small package sent on March 28, 2008. This included one file per
> version. Later I added the same into another package.
> 2. A patch sent on March 31, 2008. A rewriteguide link in sitemap.xml
> was not correct, and the files under rewrite/ did not appear on sitemap.
> 3. A patch sent on April 1, 2008. Information regarding the Turkish team
> needed correction in http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html
>
> I have noticed that in the same time frame, other people's patches were
> applied properly. If there is a developer-contributor pairing, please
> let me know who I am paired with.

We do not do developer-contributor pairing.  However it has been easter
quite recently, as well as ApacheCon this week I know a lot of folks
have been extremely busy (myself included, but not for any of those reasons)

We dont want to lose your contributions.  They are more than welcome.
However things can move slowly around here.  It's not that they wont be
done, sometimes they all get done in spurts.

I know I sometimes find half a day to go through the back log of ML
messages and bugs that are still open.  To that end I will try to commit
your outstanding messages in the next 2 days.

For this somewhat large collection you sent in this morning.  Would you
please re-send them as diff's/patches?  Adding them all manually will be
a very lengthy task, it will be much easier for you.

Once I see your patches for today's message I will add them ASAP.  I'll
see if I can do it when I get home this evening.

Again, let me be clear. We are not ignoring you, I assure you.  What
with recent busy periods and the speed at which the ML sometimes
operates at you seem to have caught the full length of the lag.

I'll see what I can do push your other messages through too.

Cheers,
Tony