httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: New Turkish Documents
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 08:01:02 GMT
Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a package to include translations after the first batch.
> This includes files that I sent you before but were not included in the
> svn repository.
>
> I hope it is OK to deliver translation files in such smaller batches.
> Please let me know if you prefer a more appropriate size or schedule.
>
> Also I believe nobody takes interest in the messages I send to the list.
> It is like talking against a dead wall. So I decided not to send any
> more patches to the list.

It's not that we are not interested, but there are not that many of us
and we all have real lives too.

If you dont see a reply within 4-5 days feel free to drop a note to poke
us.

However it is customary to send in patch files as opposed to complete
files, this way I (or another committer) can apply that patch against my
local copy and commit it, if it all works out.  This still applies even
if they are new files.

If you dont use patch files I have to manually diff them against the
latest copy in svn, this may be problematic if you didnt apply your
updates against the same version as I do.

The frequency and size of updates does nt make a big difference.
However if you do send in an update with a large number of changes
someone may leave it until they have more time to sit down and review
it.  If it is a smaller change this can easily be done quickly.

Cheers,
Tony