httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid 'Kess' Stolper <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: adopt www.apache.org site design
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:02:13 GMT
On Thursday 24 April 2008 22:31:56 Paul Querna wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >> Which just goes to show why I stated in my original email that I
> >> wasn't interested in nitpicking the design with a bunch of back-seat
> >> quarterbacks. Everyone has different opinions about what constitutes
> >> good design. I was trying to adopt something that had a pretty-obvious
> >> consensus positive opinion.
> >
> > Just because the PRC is happy to redesign www.apache.org without so much
> > as a whisper on the site-dev list does not mean there was consensus.  It
> > is difficult to adjust www.apache.org because of the overlapping
> > stylesheets
> > are fairly screwed for edits.  In any case, I've got way better things to
> > do then this.
>
> Roy,
>
> We are all very busy people, and this kind of bike shedding doesn't get
> us anywhere.

I do not agree in all points with roy, but he is absolutely right about the
consensus. I am sorry to say this, but I felt overran by the new layout.
I did not demur, because the changes are made. But I am getting really angry,
if we want to base our changes here on the consensus for www.apache.org.

Again: -1 from me

 Kess