httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid 'Kess' Stolper <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: adopt www.apache.org site design
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:42:48 GMT
On Thursday 24 April 2008 20:29:20 Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> >  In any case, I've got way better things to
> >  do then this.
>
> Whatever, Roy.
>
> I'm not going to put this to a PMC vote because I think it is
> poisoness to the docs group to let a bunch of people who aren't
> participating in documentation development make decisions on
> inconsequential docs changes. This group can't function if the people
> making the decisions aren't the ones doing the work.

eh? It is one progrect. Shall devs have separate pages? Or the other way
round, do docs peopls have no rihgt to vote on releases? What a crap.
Whether non docs people are interested in this discussion, is one thing. But
telling them they don't have a right to speak or vote, is another and very
bad view. It is also not the way I want to see the ASF or a part of it
behaving!

However, I don't like the new layout. Neither at www.apache.org nor elsewhere.
It is hard to read, difficult to focus and in my eyes far less modern than
the last www.apache.org layout. -1 from me.

 Kess