httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nilgün Belma Bugüner <nil...@belgeler.gen.tr>
Subject Re: New Turkish Documents
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:08:00 GMT
07 Nis 2008 Pts 11:01 sularında, Tony Stevenson şunları yazmıştı:
> Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have made a package to include translations after the first batch.
> > This includes files that I sent you before but were not included in the
> > svn repository.
> >
> > I hope it is OK to deliver translation files in such smaller batches.
> > Please let me know if you prefer a more appropriate size or schedule.
> >
> > Also I believe nobody takes interest in the messages I send to the list.
> > It is like talking against a dead wall. So I decided not to send any
> > more patches to the list.
> >
> It's not that we are not interested, but there are not that many of us
> and we all have real lives too.
Same here. I believe I have waited long enough.

> If you dont see a reply within 4-5 days feel free to drop a note to poke
> us.
>
> However it is customary to send in patch files as opposed to complete
> files, this way I (or another committer) can apply that patch against my
> local copy and commit it, if it all works out.  This still applies even
> if they are new files.
>
> If you dont use patch files I have to manually diff them against the
> latest copy in svn, this may be problematic if you didnt apply your
> updates against the same version as I do.
>
> The frequency and size of updates does nt make a big difference.
> However if you do send in an update with a large number of changes
> someone may leave it until they have more time to sit down and review
> it.  If it is a smaller change this can easily be done quickly.

Today I sent to list a gzip package, and it was rejected because its size
exceeded 100kB. So it seems I will not be able to send larger packages
any way. At the same time, small packages do not get your proper
interest. This is the list of items that did not get any action:

1. A small package sent on March 28, 2008. This included one file per
version. Later I added the same into another package.
2. A patch sent on March 31, 2008. A rewriteguide link in sitemap.xml
was not correct, and the files under rewrite/ did not appear on sitemap.
3. A patch sent on April 1, 2008. Information regarding the Turkish team
needed correction in http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html

I have noticed that in the same time frame, other people's patches were
applied properly. If there is a developer-contributor pairing, please
let me know who I am paired with.

BR,
Nilgün