httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Nilgün Belma Bugüner" <nil...@belgeler.org>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:59:55 GMT
Hello,

2008/3/6, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > We as the Turkish Linux Documentation WG [1] would like to translate the
>  > Apache documents. We would like to launch an apache.belgeler.org site for the
>  > Turkish translation project. I am the founder and coordinator of this WG.
>

> You are more than welcome to submit patches to this ML to be committed
>  to the live documentation.
>

>  >
>  > I checked out 2.0, 2.2 and trunk documents from svn apache.org. Would it
>  > be sufficient if we packaged the translated documents using the same
>  > classification from the working directories?
>

> Packaged, how so?

Packaged as tarballs that contain files to be committed into the
repository according to their locations under the manual/ folder. I plan
to specify the translator and the reviewer in the header of each file,
because I think it is not necessary to re-post them in this list. The
person to add files to the repository will only have to look at the
header of each file.

>  > In the meantime, I would like to point to a problem: The document
>  > located at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sitemap.html gives a broken
>  > link error at validator.w3.org. This applies to 2.2 and trunk.
>

> The easiest way for you to have this fixed, is submit an SVN diff/patch
>  to this ML and it will be reviewed and committed.

For 2.2 and trunk, the patch is attached..

>  When you submit any new documents (or patches) for translations these
>  need to be sent to this ML.  But in the email you need to identify the
>  person who created the change, and then also identify who reviewed these
>  changes.  I am not aware of any current native Turkish speakers in the
>  docs group (if there are, please corrrect me).

I suppose your team does not include a Turkish speaking person but I
have to ask anyway. Do you need each reviewer and each translator to
subscribe into your list and get approval from you?

>  The people who create, and review the work before it is sent to us both
>  need to be native speakers of the language.  See out docs-projects
>  translations page here:
>
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html

I have read this document. Is it necessary to have reviewers for the
files that structure Turkish in the document tree as a document language
(e.g. manual.tr.xsl) ?

>  Cheers,
>
> Tony

Regards,