httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unless I'm terribly confused
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:02:24 GMT
On 31/12/2007, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
>  </Limit>
>  <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
>  </LimitExcept>
>
>  is a useless section.

Hi Bill,
Obviously this post is ancient but its been bothering me since you posted it.

I can't see any instances of Limit and LimitExcept combined in the
manual (for trunk).

>  Unfortunately, you can't have clashing (multiple) Limit's (or LimitExcepts)
>  in the context of a single directory.  (Of course Limit is so broken in
>  such respects that it needs to be redone from the ground up).
>
>  <Directory "/home/*/public_html">
>      AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
>      Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
>      <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from all
>      </Limit>
>      <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
>          Order deny,allow
>          Deny from all
>      </LimitExcept>
>  </Directory>
>
>  should actually have been
>
>  <Directory "/home">
>          Order deny,allow
>          Deny from all
>  </Directory>
>
>  <Directory "/home/*/public_html">
>      AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
>      Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
>      <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from all
>      </Limit>
>  </Directory>
>
>  which in effect denies all others by not overriding for other methods.

That's from here presumably:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/conf/extra/httpd-userdir.conf.in

I don't know if I've the bits required to commit to that directory but
in any case I don't feel comfortable doing so. Is this still an issue,
then?

--
noodl